Recovery and WellnessIndividual Recovery and Wellness Plans
Culture of Recovery
Independence Academy supports a culture of recovery by providing recovery programming and education that is interwoven into the daily routine. Students enrolled at Independence Academy will be expected to participate in group and individual recovery work both in school and outside of school. Recovery counselors will work closely with each student and their families to educate, support and cultivate resources with the ultimate goal of continued and life long sobriety.
Individual Recovery Plan
Students enrolled at Independence Academy will work closely with the Recovery Counselor to develop an Individual Recovery Plan that will:
- Identify community supports
- Acknowledge and encourage family involvement
- Provide detailed relapse prevention and intervention strategies
- Be tailored to the individual student’s current situation.
Additional Counseling & Recovery Services
- Full time Recovery Counselor
- Full time Adjustment/Guidance Counselor
- Individualized Recovery Plans
- Individual/Group Recovery Meetings
- Work with students with social/emotional needs
- Use a family systems approach
- Expansive network of resources in the community
Independence Academy’s Wellness Education Program is designed to support students’ development of lifelong “mind/body rituals”:
- Daily physical fitness activities
- Increase resiliency
- Provide healthy coping strategies
- Improve attitudes and knowledge about overall health and well-being
- Increase a students’ confidence in one’s own ability to remain clean and sober.